Even though it’s a short week, it certainly is a busy one! Some of us over here at Mugsy PR (mainly me) still think it’s Tuesday instead of Wednesday since we all had Monday off. Here are some of my fab five of this short week:
1. Memorial Day Holiday Celebrations: While many people think Memorial Day is a time for grilling and hitting the beach, there were other commemorative events taking place throughout the United States to celebrate the brave who gave their lives while fighting in the armed forces. While I was on my way to Wellington to trade vehicles with my dad, I passed the South Florida National Cemetery in Lake Worth. Cars were parked all along 441 with families going to pay their respects. It was a great sight to see on a three-day weekend to remember why we have the day off.
2. iPhones Crashing from a Text?: Bad news for iPhone users. Be careful of incoming text messages. What started as a rumor that was first spotted by reddit, Apple has now confirmed that it is a glitch. If you own an iPhone, be sure to read this story and even watch the video and be on alert of incoming text messages!
3. Cooking and Baking to Decompress: It’s been a busy and hectic the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately the SCaro’s received some bad news about our dog and he was in the animal hospital for a few days. While my husband hits the driving range or golf course by himself to keep his mind of things, I go to the kitchen. I baked cookies for his co-workers, made breakfast sandwiches in the morning for breakfast and tried new recipes each night for dinner. I actually found one of my favorites in this article – the quinoa sushi roll. And I must say…it was delish! Take a look at these other recipes if you find cooking to be your pastime or funtime!
4. Social Media Day South Florida 2015: It’s back!!! Social Media Day South Florida…and this year it’s in Fort Lauderdale at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. Mugsy PR has got for the past two years (speaking last year) and can’t wait to go again this year! There are still early bird tickets for sale for $18, but they’re going fast. Be sure to get your tickets soon! Social Media Day South Florida is Sunday, June 28th this year!
5. Summer, Summer, Summertime: It’s hotter than ever in South Florida and that can only mean one thing….SUMMERTIME! The heat is rough, but the pools and beaches are not. All the summer camps are filled since kids get out of school next week. To celebrate…take a look at some of our favorite summertime songs to get in the mood! Which one is your favorite?