It’s been a thoroughly interesting week of trending topics with Facebook leading the charge for a lot of them. So let’s get right to it!
1. School’s Out for Summer: For most South Florida schools, this week was the last week of school. If you have friends on Facebook that have kids in school there’s no doubt that your news feed was inundated with adorable pictures of last day of school pictures! My personal favorites were of the adorable pictures of the preschoolers and kindergarteners.
2. NBA Finals: I’ve been watching the NBA playoffs since they started and now the time has finally come! It’s down to the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. the Golden State Warriors. The first game this week was an exciting one right to the end….and it ended in OT! In other trending NBA news, Golden State Warrior Stephen Curry and his family have stolen the show! When he attended a press conference with his adorable 2-year-old daughter Riley, there was some criticism from the media. Well, Curry’s wife Ayesha responded to media criticism about her daughter. I am not a mother, but I admire the grace of her response as a young mother and wife that now has her family in the spotlight.
3. Betty White Takes Instagram: At age 93, Betty White decided to join Instagram. I love this woman! She may be 93, but she has the spirit of a 30-year-old! Her first post under her Instagram handle @bettymwhite was a photo of her and her Hot in Cleveland cast members with a glass of champagne with the caption reading, “For my first Instagram post I wanted to say how much I love these girls dearly. What a great time we had. #HOTFinale #ThanksForTheLaughs,” If you’re not following Betty on Instagram yet, you should and here are some other celebrity Instagram profiles to follow also!
4. Southwest Sale Crashes Site: Since it’s summer, people are starting to make their vacation plans while the kids are out of school. So it was the perfect time for Southwest Airlines to have a sale on flights this week. Airfares were as low as $99 for a one-way ticket to select cities (depending on your departing city). The problem: the Southwest Airlines site crashed due to all the traffic they had on their website! Wouldn’t you be upset if there was a limited time to get a discounted ticket and couldn’t even get on the website? Luckily, Southwest Airlines extended the sale for another day to accommodate those who could not get on the day before. Smart thinking Southwest! Did you buy a ticket?
5. National Donut Day: On Friday, I thought my Facebook news feed was broken….there were doughnuts everywhere! Then I moved over to Twitter to see what was going on and, again….DOUGHNUTS! Who knew doughnuts were loved by so many? Did you know that 10 billion doughnuts are made in American in 1 year? That comes to 31 doughnuts per person per year. Check out this USA Today Article on National Doughnut (Donut) Day for more interesting facts!