Are you working from home for the first time due to the coronavirus? COVID-19 has turned everyone’s lives upside down, but one of the biggest changes for people and businesses alike has been pivoting to remote work. In fact, the change has been so sudden that some people have resorted to rather unconventional home offices.
Whether due to the pandemic or a brand-new remote job, working from home shouldn’t have you hunched over a makeshift desk. Instead, use these awesome resources to set up a productive home office and master your new remote lifestyle.
Your Home Office Must-Haves
From office technology to ergonomics that keep you comfortable all day long, this is everything you need to equip your home office.
- Get the right tech to stay productive from home.
- Find a supportive desk chair that won’t break the bank.
- Learn how to position your desk for ideal office ergonomics.
How to Set Up a Secure Connection
Working from home presents new security risks for businesses and employees. Here’s how you can keep yourself and your company protected.
- Decide what type of internet service you need.
- Read up on the essential work-from-home cybersecurity practices.
- Get the rundown on VPNs and why you need one.
The Best Tips and Tools for Remote Work
Now that you’ve got the basics down, it’s time to hone your telecommuting skills. From productivity apps to collaboration tools, these are the best options for staying on task while working from home.
- Learn the rules of working with coworkers from far away.
- Discover the best tools for communicating and collaborating with a distributed team.
- Get tips on staying focused and productive while working from home.
- Hold yourself accountable with time-management apps.
Help for Companies Going Remote
Are you in charge of your company’s transition to telecommuting? Here’s where to turn when you need help going remote.
- Develop your organization’s remote work policy.
- Get advice on managing and supporting your remote workforce.
- Hire agile consultants to assist with custom software for distributed teams.
- Learn how to set up your firm’s VPN in six steps.
Working from home isn’t as simple as setting up a work laptop at the kitchen table. Staying productive, secure, and sane while working from home requires forethought. From preparing your company for remote work to learning how to stay focused at home, these resources have everything you need to get started with remote work.
Image via Unsplash