What a sad, weird week it has been and it is only Wednesday. We started the week with the sad news about Hitchbot, the hitchhiking robot who was destroyed two weeks into his US trek and ended today with a discussion about Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog’s break-up after 40 years (marketing ploy for the new show?), so below are some of the stories that made us smile so far this week, because goodness knows we needed it!
1. IS ManKind? Airbnb hired a new Global Marketing Director and came out with the amazing “Is ManKind?” campaign. Though it was created with positive intentions, reviews are mixed and a lot of people find it downright creepy. Check it out on their website and then read Business Insider’s review for the hilarious reactions on Twitter.
2. What the…What?!? No one was injured so it is perfectly acceptable to laugh about the fact that traffic in Ireland was held up this week when a Minion (Despicable Me) created havoc. Ok, it was a 30ft+ inflatable balloon of a Minion, but the media headlines were smile worthy.
3. NSFW but Worth It. I love me some superheroes and Deadpool is one of the best, so my hump day was made when I saw the official trailer for the film…particularly the NSFW version.
4. Free the Bacon. After watching the NSFW trailer we got into quite the discussion yesterday about male nudity because Kevin Bacon came out with his perfect “Free the Bacon” campaign, calling for more male nudity in Hollywood films and TV shows. Parody or not, it is a great call for more equality.
5. Feel the Burn. And finally, in news everyone was waiting for (we like it spicy here at Mugsy!) – hot sauce may help save your life. Eat up!