Mugsy is on the move again, this time heading to Bentonville Arkansas for the Bentonville Film Festival, representing the amazing film Once Upon a River. We are proud to roll in with such an incredible film, director, cast and crew and are really looking forward to this adventure.
However, while we have been to film festivals before, we’ve never been to Bentonville, and there’s a little anxiety attached to that since it is something new. Of course once we get the lay of the land, all will be fine, but in the meantime, here are some of the things we are doing to help get situated before our team hits the ground there, and some great tips on what you can do pre-event too!
- Download the event app. It seems simple enough but a lot of people skip this step when working an event instead of just attending. The app has a wealth of knowledge, including the event map.
- Review the event map. Knowing where you need to go before you even get there is a huge asset! Figure out the time between your hotel, event venue(s), off-site locations etc. It can save a lot of time when you are in the midst of festival madness.
- Publicists- find the press room! It is the most important spot at the festival for you. Make sure you know ahead of time what time the press area opens, what materials you are allowed to drop off, what signage you can display, and so forth.
- Ensure you have lists of all relevant contacts including those for transportation, venue contacts, all client contacts and more. It will save a lot of time searching emails for this information when you actually need it.
- Hop on social media! Ask questions about the event, search the hashtag and find info from previous years and just get comfortable with what you will be walking into. I have gotten some incredible information on what to see and do in Bentonville from Twitter!
Finally – don’t forget to charge your external batteries before you go! Nothing is worse than being disconnected once you hit the event floor.
Hope to see some of you in Bentonville or some of the other amazing events we will be at this month! We’ll be prepared – will you?