Couples have Valentine’s Day and female besties have Galentine’s Day, but at Mugsy we have PAL-entine’s Day for our amazing team with special treats for all! Are you looking for some fun ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day at the office without distracting your employees? Here are some inspiring ideas we’ve seen!
1. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Why not help boost the health of your employees and make them feel cared for as well. A simple Valentines Day breakfast can be set up easily and one a small budget!
2. Dedicate a wall to employee appreciation for the day. Use sticky notes and let everyone write what they love about each other and stick it on the wall! Decorations don’t take much effort, and are an easy way to brighten up the room (and everyone’s spirits!) for the day.
3. Have a small office? Show some appreciation and love on social media! Tag each employee in a dedicated post throughout the day and state why they help make your office great! This not only shows appreciation for your employees, but shares their hard work with the world in a way that they may not have been noticed before.
4. If you want something really unique for the office, you could do a secret Valentine’s gift exchange! Anyone who wants to participate throws their name into a hat and everyone chooses. No more than $10 per gift and it can be anything simple ranging from an office supply to a favorite snack or meal makes this a great and funny gift exchange while not forcing anyone to do something they are uncomfortable with.
5. Do you work from home or work alone but still want to spread the love? One thing you can do is pick up a bouquet of roses and hand them out to strangers one at a time – the barista at Starbucks, the crossing guard, people waiting in line at stores. It’s so nice to see the smile on people’s faces as they get a random gift from a total stranger. Bonus: if you have a date that day, save the last rose for them! A single rose is usually more romantic. 😉 And don’t forget – guys like flowers too!