Even though PR never stops, it slows down a bit between Christmas and New Years, giving us all a prime opportunity to get things in order for the craziness that begins in January. With a to-do list that spans several pages, we needed to figure out what was going to be the most important things to do now, to make 2018 more successful and less stressful. Here are the five things we decided to put at the top of the list:
- Make New Friends. Media relationships are the most important part of public relations, so we decided to reach out and make some new connections. With just a few simple emails saying “Hi – We noticed that Mugsy PR doesn’t work as often as we would like with your outlet. Would you be willing to have a cup of coffee to discuss how our communication with you and your team can be more beneficial for all?”. We have had meetings all week and stories planned for clients in outlets they haven’t been covered in before. Score!
- Refresh All Media Lists. Sure, we all redo our media lists on a regular basis on Cision, but when was the last time you REALLY did research on niche media for your clients? Google, Reddit, Podcast Round-ups, Up and Coming Blogs – there are so many ways to find media these days, and one of the best things you can do is a semi-annual sweep of all your lists to make sure it is out with the old and in with the new for 2018!
- Learn Something New. Sign up for a new social media platform, download a new app, find software to help agency logistics – anything that can help create an easier, more streamlined way to do your work in the new year. Work smarter, not harder is a motto that holds true forever. Automation is the goal!
- Organize Your Calendar. One main agency calendar, housed online (we use Google calendars but there are apps, programs, etc) where everyone has access is one of the easiest ways to keep everyone on the same page. Sure, it takes a few hours to create and update the first time, but once the entire team gets used to using it, it will change your world!
- TAKE A BREAK! We all need to refresh and PR is super stressful, so take a break while you can. That extra hour of sleep or day by the pool will make all the difference when January 2 hits and you’re back in the thick of things!
Happy New Year!!!!
If being proud of your company and your team could really, truly be shown by our heads growing, Sarah and I would look like the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons right now. We are beaming over the article on Mugsy PR on Hello Tesla today. We put a screenshot below, but if you’d like to read the whole thing (and you should because, you know, we would totally read your entire article too!) just click here.
It’s official…Mugsy’s on the Move again! Next week, we’ll be speaking at the NoBe Mixer in Miami Beach at Roni’s By The Ocean!
Emily and I will be talking about how to brand your company so it properly reflects what you do and your company personality. If you know anything about us, we’ll be adding our own Mugsy flair to the seminar…per usual!
It’s free to attend so be sure to register today! Email Mixer@FloridaBusinessWorkshops.com or go to the Florida Business Workshops website to register.
We’ll see you there!
It’s official…it’s Fall in South Florida! While the weather may not have changed much in the last few days, the “season” sure has.
It’s no secret…I’m a native Floridian so I’m used to the changes of South Florida. The weather is somewhat the same, but other aspects of Florida are not. We get our seasonal neighbors back from up north, very advance reservations are needed at restaurants and hotels, the beaches are still hot for everyone in autumn and there are so many events and happenings going on you never have a dull weekend!
This is truly one of my favorite times of the year. It’s almost time to open the windows while it rains to listen to nature’s music and you always meet someone new at one of your favorite places/events.
Is it a busy time of year? Absolutely. It’s what I call a Mugsy kind of season! There’s so much fun going on there’s no way you can’t smile.
Be sure to take a look at the Mugsy PR list of clients on our website to find out what everyone has going on. There’s something for every family, every couple and everyone!
So….I was catching up on one of my favorite shows last night (American Pickers) and heard a quote that made me very happy!
Clutter is the evidence of life.
For me…this makes everything awesome! I have clutter in the home office with papers everywhere, clutter in the kitchen (only a little after the remodel), clutter in my purse (or what I like to call my Mary Poppins bag), clutter in the garage (leftovers from the remodeled kitchen)…etc, etc, etc.
Being a logistical person, clutter typically makes me nervous. I have to make sure my files are properly put in their place, business cards are in every purse, bag and clutch they need to be in, and the computer is properly backed up every morning.
With so much clutter it can sometimes feel overwhelming. However, while going through multiple emails last night, I heard that quote and suddenly felt better. “Clutter is the evidence of life,” and its true! So much clutter…so much great clutter…so much life! I remembered what makes both living and working so much fun!