We had such a phenomenal time at this year’s Biz Bash Live at the Fort Lauderdale Convention Center last week. As speakers this year, we had access to the Master Classes and well as the workshops and the main floor, and we learned so much, we can’t wait to show you through our client events! If you couldn’t make it to Biz Bash, but were still interested in finding out more about our topic – The New Wave of Experiential Marketing, here are the six main takeaways from our presentation:
- Know Your Customer. You can’t create an experience that will speak to your target audience unless you REALLY know them. Get rid of pre-conceived notions, people are changing. Change with them.
- Think Sustainable. Don’t just spend money. Spend it wisely on experiences that are able to scale and that truly engage your audience and keep them talking long after they leave.
- Stay Organic and Authentic. Stay true to your brand in all your do. If you’re true to you – your tribe of brand ambassadors will be drawn to that too!
- Keep It Immersive. Focus every experience on the 5 senses, from the website to offline and online touch points before, during and after the event as well.
- Provide Multiple Online and Offline Touch Points. Touch points are what we call all the experiences your potential attendees / consumers will have their hand, ears, eyes, nose, etc on. This includes digital and offline pieces.
- Leave Them with the Feels. The best way to get people to talk about your event is to get them to FEEL something while there. If they have an emotional attachment they create stories. Stories become memories. Memories = lifetime word of mouth for your event!
If you have more questions about experiential marketing and how it can work for your business, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you develop some incredible experiences for your audience!
We are SO excited to launch our new venture – PUBLICITEES. There was simply a lack of shirts for those of us in PR, social media, media, blogging, marketing, advertising and communications in general – so we decided to change that. Made of soft cotton and printed with love, each piece is made by our team here at Mugsy PR!
Shop now at Publicitees by Mugsy PR on Etsy.
Feeling stuck in your business? Maybe you know you can be doing something different but you just aren’t sure what? We’ve all been there, and sometimes, all you need is a new set of eyes. When those eyes belong to the team at Mugsy PR – you’re in good hands.
We have new programs, workshops and consultation programs designed for everyone from local performers to national corporations. If you see something you’re interested in – just email us and we can set it up for you so you can break out of your box and learn how to take your personal brand of business publicity to the next level. Our brochure is below but if you can’t see the image, or you want to discuss more details, just email us at email@example.com.
It’s official…Mugsy’s on the Move again! Next week, we’ll be speaking at the NoBe Mixer in Miami Beach at Roni’s By The Ocean!
Emily and I will be talking about how to brand your company so it properly reflects what you do and your company personality. If you know anything about us, we’ll be adding our own Mugsy flair to the seminar…per usual!
It’s free to attend so be sure to register today! Email Mixer@FloridaBusinessWorkshops.com or go to the Florida Business Workshops website to register.
We’ll see you there!
There has been a lot of media lately about the stores that are closing for Thanksgiving and even Black Friday this year. I love that families will have more time together, but one can’t help but wonder if it is a genuine, from-the-heart movement from these retailers, or if they want the publicity behind the sentiment. Either way they are getting buzz, which is sure to convert to some strong holiday sales. Below are 5 of our favorite Thanksgiving time marketing / PR campaigns from the last few years. Can’t wait to see what else pops up this year as we draw closer to Turkey Day!
1. In 2012 Pinterest, Allrecipes and Better Homes & Gardens teamed up for the “Best Thanksgiving Ever”. Participants could win $5,000 if they posted five or more Thanksgiving recipes from Allrecipes or BH&G to their own “Best Thanksgiving Ever” board on Pinterest. Not only did the campaign drive traffic to all sponsoring websites, but it put Allrecipes on the map as a top recipe site.
2. 2013 brought us the “Turkey Bowl”, a Thanksgiving campaign from Nike that used the SessionM mobile app network to award users points for in-app interactions that could be redeemed for gift cards. When customers used their points, the Nike Turkey Bowl ads would pop up creating a full circle campaign.
3. With only a few days in between the holidays this year, it was a brilliant idea for Manischewitz (Kosher food store) to merge Hanukkah and Thanksgiving to create their own “Thanksgivukah”. With an entire website dedicated to the “holiday”, funny videos, recipes, ecards and more, the social media exposure for the brand has been HUGE.
4. True Turkey Talk is the name of the game with the Butterball Turkey-Talk-Line. For 29 years now Butterball has run a hotline in November and December to encourage consumers to call 1-800-Butterball (and in more recent years to visit Butterball on the Go) to ask their turkey related questions.
5. Finally, we can’t talk about Thanksgiving marketing without talking about Macy’s. The parade is marketing brilliance in itself, but the engaging website and social media they created to go along with it is nothing short but amazing. With a countdown to the parade, a ton of useful into and even uniquely created games, the site adds an extra level of engagement to the Thanksgiving Tradition.
What is YOUR favorite Thanksgiving campaign?