It’s amazing what catches your eye…things that entertain the masses, things that make you think or things that make you smile. Today, I have a little bit of everything. Take a look:
1. CAPTCHA a Quote: I never really payed attention to the websites where I have to confirm I’m “not a robot” when I purchase tickets, sign up for a new subscription somewhere or send an evite. This time, though, it was different…and clever. Talk about a new way to advertise!
2. Cats Still Trending: Who doesn’t love a cute cat…NO ONE! Lovable cat videos and pictures will always be trending and that’s fine by me!
4. A Fuller House: I grew up with Full House and can’t wait for the Fuller House Netflix series. There are still a lot of negotiations going on with the original cast, but I will still be interested to compare the two. I’m sure you’ll hear from me again once it airs!
One of my favorite things about PR is that no two days are alike. This is not the type of job you want if your ideal day consists of sitting at a desk in a cubicle. So, what is a day in PR like? Here is a typical day in the life of Mugsy.
7:00 a.m.: Wake up and check google alerts for overnight client hits and personal social media since all day is spent on client SM
7:30 a.m.: Shower and get ready for the day
8:30 a.m.: Grab a cup of coffee, watch some morning news shows and catch up on news from CNN, Yahoo, Sun-Sentinel and more
9:00 a.m.: Check e-mail and have our morning regrouping with Mugsy staff
10:00 a.m.: Head to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea to attend a client photo shoot (Driftwood Beach Club). Not too shabby!
Mugsy PR loves all holidays that include everything from national and religious holidays to the obscure that most people don’t know about…i.e. Get Organized Month (January), Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day (April 12th) and Gorgeous Grandma Day (June 23rd).
One of our personal favorites includes Earth Day!
I myself (SCaro) try to do something different every year on this day and then make it a regular habit for the health of our environment.
“We believe that users must feel safe on Twitter in order to fully express themselves.” New policies and product updates on Twitter to combat abuse have gone into effect today. Love seeing Twitter taking an active stance.
4. Voyeuristic Virtuoso.
Noah Wall is an experimental musician whose new album Live At Guitar Center,is a series of recordings of nameless musicians testing out instruments at Guitar Center, with no idea they are being recorded. Wall himself states the album is basically unlistenable, so we are already taking bets on whether or not it goes platinum.
5. Boca History Mysteries.
Did you know there is a historical fireplace hidden in a wall at the Boca Resort? Did you know Boca Raton has been the birthplace of as many tech advances as Silicon Valley? Did you know Boca played a huge part in WWII? Researching for Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum pitching today has led me to so many interesting facts about Boca. If you’ve never visited the museum – get in there and find out how many stereotypes this city breaks.
Just like tax day last week, there seem to be a lot of discounts, coupons and deals today. But why?…What’s so special about April 20th? Whether we know or not, why not take advantage of these many savings today!
In case you haven’t seen any listed in your local newspaper’s daily deals or your daily newsfeed in your email or social media alerts, we’ve got a list of some of our favorites below:
1. Breakfast, Brunch or Brinner: Today only our favorite fast-food breakfast joint will be serving breakfast all day long. So if you didn’t have time to pick up your usual egg-white McMuffin this morning before work, you can get one on your way home from work!
2. Pizza for All: Domino’s pizza has an offer for $4.20 in honor of today’s date. Just be sure to order your pizza by a certain time…can you guess what time? 4:20!
3. 4/20 Themed 4/20 Specials: In case you haven’t figured out the significance of 4/20, I’m sure it’s popped up under your trending topics on Twitter and Google Trends. Hungry for more specials? You’ll love these 4/20-themed food and drink specials to celebrate.
It is Friday. I was asked to go out with friends tonight. We have a client event, so I declined, and was called out for working too much. I let it go, but it continued to bother me, and here is why. I can’t understand…What is wrong with loving to work?
We have a great work-life balance here at Mugsy. I see my friends and family often, I live for Netflix marathon weekends (next up – House of Cards), and I even take a vacation every once in a while, but while doing all of that, my brain is still plotting publicity stunts and finding good angles for every piece of news I hear.
I love the chase of a media hit. I find zen in the multitude of social media graphs and analytics that we look at every day. I wake up excited to see what new ideas the team has come up with, and I thrive on the absolute exhilaration of opening and running a business successfully for over two years (plus everything in the photo collage above took place in the last 30 days!).
Today I happily declare, “I Love To Work.” If you agree, comment below and tell us why you love your job!
We can’t be the only crazy ones happy to be working on a Friday!
The first time I met Sarah (Co-Owner and VP of Mugsy PR) was in 2005 when she started work at Haber & Quinn, the very first PR firm I worked for. The first time we ate lunch together, I laughed so hard I spit soda all over her. It was friendship at first spit.
After many years of working together and not killing each other after four days straight of 4 a.m. early morning t.v. shoots on 3 hours of sleep, I knew this was the type of partnership you don’t find often. Though we went our separate ways, we stayed in touch and in December 2012, I opened up Mugsy PR. Four months later, I needed help, and there was no doubt who I was going to call.
Of course, who could resist my pitch of, “Hey there. I know you are making good money with full benefits and a secure company. Any chance you want to leave all that to come make nothing with me and build this thing up?”.
Thankfully, she said yes, and here we are over two years later, still open and celebrating Sarah’s two year anniversary with Mugsy PR today!!!!
I could not ask for a better partner to rule the world with. Happy Anniversary!
Ever wonder what runs through our heads? Your dreams have come true. Every day we will share the top five things we have discussed in the Mugsy office. Welcome to the madness!