We had such a phenomenal time at this year’s Biz Bash Live at the Fort Lauderdale Convention Center last week. As speakers this year, we had access to the Master Classes and well as the workshops and the main floor, and we learned so much, we can’t wait to show you through our client events! If you couldn’t make it to Biz Bash, but were still interested in finding out more about our topic – The New Wave of Experiential Marketing, here are the six main takeaways from our presentation:
- Know Your Customer. You can’t create an experience that will speak to your target audience unless you REALLY know them. Get rid of pre-conceived notions, people are changing. Change with them.
- Think Sustainable. Don’t just spend money. Spend it wisely on experiences that are able to scale and that truly engage your audience and keep them talking long after they leave.
- Stay Organic and Authentic. Stay true to your brand in all your do. If you’re true to you – your tribe of brand ambassadors will be drawn to that too!
- Keep It Immersive. Focus every experience on the 5 senses, from the website to offline and online touch points before, during and after the event as well.
- Provide Multiple Online and Offline Touch Points. Touch points are what we call all the experiences your potential attendees / consumers will have their hand, ears, eyes, nose, etc on. This includes digital and offline pieces.
- Leave Them with the Feels. The best way to get people to talk about your event is to get them to FEEL something while there. If they have an emotional attachment they create stories. Stories become memories. Memories = lifetime word of mouth for your event!
If you have more questions about experiential marketing and how it can work for your business, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you develop some incredible experiences for your audience!