Admit it. In the past year you have posted something on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat or other social media platform with the hopes that it brought in a lot of likes. We all do it. No one wants to post and have the post sit there with no engagement. The important question however is – what are those likes worth?
On a personal page, likes are a way to tell a friend, “hey – you’re cool, and the stuff you like, I like too”.
On a business page, those likes have a different value.
Every time someone clicks like or double taps on an IG post, they are a potential brand ambassador, a possible client, and it is an opportunity to convert to a sale. So how do you make the most of that value?
Our 3 top tips for creating the most value out of your social media likes are:
1. BE SOCIAL! It is common sense, but you have to be social on social media. If someone likes a post you’ve put up, did you know you can invite them to like your page if they don’t already do so? Invite them, comment on their comment or on one of the photos on their page. The idea overall is to create a conversation and build it into a relationship.
2. Don’t sell. Once you create relationships, you don’t have to pitch or hard sell. You just converse. When you speak about your product or service with passion your dedicated fans will now listen, take interest and be quicker to take the next step to buy.
3. Stop with the corporate speak. Unless you’re using a spambot service to run your social media, it is done by a human being. Why does that human being speak like a robot? Stop using formal, professional verbiage on your social media. We don’t advise being crass or improper on social media, but creating a brand voice that consumers can relate to is going to increase engagement, impressions and overall visibility on social media for your company.
What other tips would you give to create more value in “likes”?
Connect with us on Social Media!
It’s been busy for Mugsy PR these last few weeks and it’s about to get a lot busier and we’re excited about it! So before I continue my day, I want to take a break and share my Fab Five for this week!
1. First Day of School Fun: With Palm Beach County schools having started this week and Broward County starting next week, families are ready for a new year! Not only do I love back to school (and all the office supply sales), I love reminiscing about all the picture days when I went to school. Check out these 12 things everyone experienced on picture day. Which one do you identify with the most?
2. Whoa…That’s a Lot of Repeating: We all have our favorite sayings and catch-phrases. One of mine is holy carpaccio (instead of saying holy crap when I’m in the presence of little ones). I wonder if I say it too much though? Check out this video of clips from Owen Wilson movies and how he repeats a few of the same things over and over in every film!
3. Toasts, Tastes & Trolleys in Boca Raton: This year marks the 4th Annual Toasts, Tastes & Trolleys event hosted by and benefitting the Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum. Never been? You definitely should! The tour meets at the Boca Raton Resort & Club before attendees board a trolley for a fun ride to local restaurants to experience signature hors d’oeuvres and cocktails. Grab your friends and ride around in style! And remember, all ticket sales benefit the Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum. Purchase tickets now!
4. Getting Ready for Fall TV: It’s been a long summer hiatus without some of my favorite shows on. but the time is finally upon us! I myself am very excited for the new Hulu original Hot Wives of Orlando coming back and set in Vegas for Season 2. Take a look at these 5 new fall shows to get excited for as well.
5. Startup Conference Coming to Town: The StartUp Expo SUP-X is coming to the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center this upcoming February. This unique conference brings together startup and early-stage entrepreneurs, angel investors and venture capitalist to mix and mingle with. Also included with be a startup competition offering 50 semi-finalist complimentary space in the event’s 50,000 square-foot exhibition hall alongside corporate sponsors. Have a startup? This will be the place to be!
It’s official…You’ll no longer need a Google+ account to use YouTube or any other Google sites.
What does it mean? You no longer have to have one identity across Google to use all of it’s services (i.e. YouTube, etc.). Unfortunately for Google, it means one of their ultimate goals has failed.
If you’re asking for my “personal” opinion…I like being logged into my Google (GMail) account and having access to my Chrome bookmarks bar from whatever computer, YouTube and GChat all in one. From a “business” perspective, I definitely thinks this makes sense.
Since Mugsy PR specializes in publicity and social media campaigns, this was an interesting announcement. Google+ has tried to compete with Facebook and Twitter for years now. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen.
This is big news for social media experts and now will call for changes and updates to all of our social media campaigns.
Read more of the Business Insider story.
The result: some are happy and some are not.
Our question to you: How does this change your social media strategy?
Periscope has been around since March, yet many social media enthusiasts are just recently playing around with it and testing it – both personally and for their clients.
If you’re new to Periscope, it’s a Twitter-based video streaming platform. You can watch everything from your friend’s live-streaming roadtrip from Miami up to New York or even live streaming a conference – like Florida Social Con for instance!
Personally, I have just started using it to document my kitchen redesign – that we’re doing ourselves with the help of my experienced father. HOWEVER, I see a ton of possibilities to build brand awareness for Mugsy PR clients using this live video streaming app.
The possibilities are endless:
Live Q&A video sessions
How-To videos for your customers
Loyalty building videos offering specials
Behind the scenes videos showcasing specific product/talent features
The important thing to remember is that this is a social media platform. Be social. Utilize your best practices when it comes to your other social media platforms. Get creative. Pay attention and acknowledge your followers.
Have you tried Periscope? What do you like best about it?
Are you ready?! We are!
Mugsy PR’s Social Media Smackdown – a Social Media Obstacle course is tomorrow at Florida Social Con!
If you will be attending the con tomorrow, be sure to register for our social media contest. Mugsy PR will be giving prizes out at the end of the day – some valued at over $250!
Learn more about our Social Media Smackdown on Blog Website and be sure to Register too!
Be sure to read the Smackdown Rules also!