Here at Mugsy PR, we know the value and importance of blogging. It’s a great way to educate the world while taking some time for yourself…that’s how I look at my blogging time anyway. Are you having trouble getting started or finding yourself stuck in a blogging rut? Take a look at our 5 easy steps for getting started – or back on track!
- What About What You Like: No one says you have to walk about a “certain” topic. Write about what you like and what you know about and then share it with the world!
- Start Small and Grow: If you’re just getting started, write a couple posts and share it with your close friends first. Once you find your rhythm and voice, you can then share on social media, Linked In, forums, etc.
- Sharing is Caring: Here’s the deal (and what was the hardest thing I had to learn), people want to know about the blogger. Share information about yourself. You don’t have to tell your deepest, darkest secrets, but a little information goes a long way to building your audience.
- Think Mobile: While sometimes it makes good sense to have some longer blog pieces, the truth of the matter is that most people research, read and work (at least a majority of the time) from their phones. I won’t go as far to say keep it simple stupid, but I will say you should think of how much you would want to read from your mobile device.
- Create a CTA: You don’t have to always be selling, but there should always be some form of a call to action. Even a question to be considered should always be left on the mind of your readers.
Now it’s time to get started! Start your blog and start thinking, writing and sharing with the world!